Friday, March 27, 2009

Starbucks Perfect Pairing

As an avid Starbucks goer, I was intrigued by their new perfect pairing combos.
They offer your choice of:
A Tall Brewed Coffee with either of the following
- New Artisan Bacon Sandwich
- New Artisan Ham Sandwich
- Reduced Fat Turkey Bacon Sandwich
- Sausage Sandwich
or
A Tall Latte with
- Reduced Fat Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
- Perfect Oatmeal

All for the low price of $3.95

I thought this to be a good deal consider my drink costs about $4.50. Yet it reminds me of fast food combo meals which I thought Starbucks would never resort to because of their inelastic demand for coffee products.
However, I thought this was a good example of price bundling because obviously one item is the more expensive like the latte, and then you get some little pastry that probably only costs them .50 cents. Or you could get an expensive sandwich and a cheap drip coffee that is just ground beans and water.
Either way, it is a good if that is the kind of products you like from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment