Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Herbal Essence Follow Up


Living in a sorority, you see a lot of products that girls use. I decided to see how many of these girls used Herbal Essense in comparison to other shower products to see the effectiveness of H.E.'s advertising.

When surveying girls shower baskets I found the following:

12 out of 56 women used Herbal Essence Shampoo or Conditioner.

3 out of 56 used Garner Fructis/ Dove products

41 out of 56 used something other than the listen above brands, most were Salon products, Sauve, Loreal, or Tres Semme.


What I found was interesting was the following:

There are 3 bathrooms in the sorority. 1 where all the freshman are, 1 where all the sophmores/freshman are and 1 where all the juniors are. (seniors live out).

In the freshman bathroom I noticed most girls used the "other" product category.

Of the frehsman/sophmore bathroom, I found that most girls used Salon Products or Loreal.

However on the Junior bathroom I found that most girls used H.E. Juniors are in the age range of 20+ years old. So perhaps this is the target audience H.E. wishes to reach....?


No comments:

Post a Comment